Anonymous: top five things you wish you could change in teen wolf
- kill off the excessive villains that are somehow still alive. gerard is really serving no purpose anymore except to be a- supposed- vaguely creepy old dude that they go to for information. information they could easily get from chris or deaton. peter no longer scares me at all, i just roll my eyes every time he launches into a rant about ~i’m da alpha~. please. why is deucalion even alive. i wasn’t interested in him in the first place. also ethan and aiden i don’t really care about them ummm they helped kill boyd haha so.
- less fighting scenes and more relationship scenes. fighting scenes are good, especially in a supernatural type of show, but we only care about the action if we care about the characters. most of the fight scenes that happened in s3 didn’t even really have a purpose except for an excessive use of slo-mo and to waste time. we need to see more of the characters interacting with each other. SHOW US THAT THEY’RE FRIENDS AND THAT THEY’RE CLOSE AND THAT THEY CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER don’t just expect us to accept this as canon from a few glimpses of it here and there.
- queer representation in one of more of the main cast members- scott, stiles, allison, derek, lydia, or isaac. stiles could easily be read as bisexual, but i want it to be explicitly stated in canon. i don’t even need a big subplot where stiles ~comes out~ or even has a male romantic interest. just like, drop a random line about how hot a guy is or something idk. lydia and isaac could also both be easily read as bisexual, though there’s been perhaps less hint-dropping with them.
- more attention for lydia martin and her narrative. more of lydia’s wrath, more of lydia learning about what she is and how to use her powers, more of lydia dealing with what happened to her in season two, and the end of season one. MORE LYDIA IN GENERAL TBH. she’s a main cast member and she gets shit on by the storyline and straight up fuckin’ ignored.
- the general structure of having like one or two (or three) big bads all throughout a season and like every episode is this disjointed mess of fighting one is weird as heck. have one big bad ONE BIG BAD through your whole season. have the first episode, the last couple episodes, and a couple episodes in between be all about the big bad, and the rest of the episodes TALK ABOUT THE BIG BAD, but also deal with NORMAL TEENAGE STUFF like lacrosse and school dances, etc. also having small villains that are there and gone in one episode is totally cool too, esp now that the nemeton is fired up.
This is an excellent summary of some VERY simple ways this show could be made better. Bless this post. Also I’d like to add an additional point:
- Stop shitting on Derek Hale. Derek suffering as a storyline is KIND OF played out at this point. Like even if I didn’t love the character and want to see him not fail at something JUST ONCE I’d still be really bored at this point with the Derek-is-always-wrong show.